But the cookie that people react most excitedly to, is when I crush Trader Joe’s Mint JoJos and bake them into a chocolate chip cookie. It’s easy and it’s delicious. Just use your favorite recipe and substitute 12 oz. of crushed Jojos in place of the chocolate chips. Yum.
Here's the recipe I use:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar (or 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses)
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
12 ounces crushed Mint JoJos
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer.
- Turn to Speed 2 and mix for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and beat another 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Sift together baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Turn to Stir Speed. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture over about 2 minutes.
- Turn to Speed 2 and mix 30 seconds.
- Turn to Stir Speed and add chocolate chips, mixing for 15 seconds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, longer if you prefer crunchy cookies.