After we put the kids to bed last night, Mrs. P90 and I were discussing how we hoped that Neko would join MMJ for at least one song. We were trying to think of what they should sing together. I thought of the version of Helpless that Neil Young and Joni Mitchell sing in the Last Waltz. I went to bed trying to think of other songs that Jim and Neko would sound great on. Here’s what I came up with.
- Helpless – Neil Young and Joni Mitchell
- Sometimes Always – Jesus and Mary Chain and Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star)
- In My Hour of Darkness – Gram Parsons and Emylou Harris
- Sleep All Summer – Crooked Fingers
- Don’t Give Up – Peter Gabriel with Kate Bush
On a side note, looking at the setlist from the show on Wednesday in Pittsburgh it looks like Jim and Neko did a duet of Islands in the Stream. Hopefully we can at least get a reprise of that.
And if you’re not already planning to attend this show, I urge you to reconsider.