1. I’m not sure he realized just how much our two year-old likes strawberries or how many strawberries a 28 lb. girl can put away in 20-30 minutes. Hopefully she didn’t put him out of business.
2. He doesn’t use pesticides or fertilizers, so I begrudgingly let the girls eat while they picked. Here’s hoping no animals “took care of business” on the strawberries…
The remaining berries were going downhill fast, so we decided to make something to preserve them. When in Fenwick/Bayside, we frequent an ice cream shop called the Blue Scoop. It’s amazing. Check it out! Our four-year old says that when she owns an ice cream shop, it will be called the Pink Scoop.
Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- Rinse and trim 1 pint of strawberries and then crush by hand
- Combine 2 cups light cream, one can of sweetened condensed milk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine the above and place in an ice cream maker.*